Immigration to the Dominican Republic
At the moment, the Dominican Republic is one of the few countries where any citizen of Russia, Israel, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, etc.can officially immigrate without unnecessary bureaucratic barriers (changes from April 29, 2009).For citizens of the above-mentioned states, entry to the Dominican Republic is visa-free, using a tourist card, which you need to buy at the airport of the Dominican Republic for $ 10. The period of stay in the Dominican Republic on a tourist card is 30 days, then it must be extended at the immigration service. Or apply for citizenship, according to the laws of the Republic, anyone can do this without restrictions.
With a foreign passport and a car license in the DR, you can: open a bank account, connect a cellular, Internet connection, buy-sell-rent real estate, buy-sell-rent a business, buy-sell-rent a car, drive a vehicle.
For all questions related to immigration to the Dominican Republic, please contact: +1 (809) 49-134-09 (What's App) or by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stages of obtaining citizenship: residence permit
The status of a temporary resident of the Dominican Republic:
allows you to legally stay on the territory of the republic for one year;
allows you to legally work on the territory of the country;
it is a necessary stage for further obtaining permanent residence and citizenship;
allows you to use the services of the fin. institutions;
refuse to use a foreign passport on the territory of the country; get a national driver's license;
It makes it possible not to buy a tourist card when entering the Dominican Republic.
Required documents: birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate, 6 photos 2*2
The procedure takes 1 day: a questionnaire, passing a medical commission, photographing.
Execution period: 6 months.
Permanent resident status of the Dominican Republic:
- allows you to legally stay on the territory of the republic for an unlimited period;
- it is a necessary stage for further obtaining citizenship;
- allows you to purchase firearms for personal use.
Required documents: residence permit, sedula, 6 photos 2*2
The procedure takes 1 day: a questionnaire, passing a medical commission, photographing
The execution period is 5 months.
The status of a citizen of the Dominican Republic:
the opportunity to elect and be elected to public authorities;
state protection of the rights and freedoms of its citizens;
the ability to change the first and last name;obtaining a foreign passport for travel;
the ability to completely abandon the use of your Russian passport.
permanent residence, sedula, birth certificate translated into Spanish and certified
Interview at the Department of Internal Affairs and Police, oath
The execution period is 4-6 months.
The Dominican Republic recognizes dual citizenship.
You can travel without a visa with a passport of the Dominican Republic to the following countries: Japan.Eritrea.Ecuador. Chile.Philippines.Uruguay.Uganda.Turkey.Turkmenistan. Tuvalu. Trinidad and Tobago. That. East Timor. Tanzania. Solomon Islands. Syria. Singapore. Seychelles. Sao Tome and Principe. Samoa(WS). El Salvador. Rwanda. Peru. The Islands of Palau. Cook Islands. United Arab Emirates (UAE). Nicaragua. Nepal. Montserrat. Mongolia. Mozabmik. Micronesia. Maldives. Mali. Malaysia. Macau (China). Liberia. Laos. Kuwait. Cuba. Korea (South Korea). Congo (Kinshasa). Comoros. Colombia. China. Kyrgyzstan. Kenya. Cameroon. Cambodia. Kazakhstan. Cape Verde. Iraq. Israel. Jordan. Zimbabwe. Zambia. Egypt. Djibouti. Georgia. Hong Kong.Honduras. Guatemala. The Gambia. Vietnam. Burundi. Bermuda. Belarus. Bangladesh. Andorra. Albania. Azerbaijan. Armenia. Argentina.
Prices for obtaining a residence permit, permanent residence, citizenship of the Dominican Republic, the cost of immigration and related services:
Residence permit 2200 $
Permanent residence 2300 $
Certificate of non-criminal record 960 $
Useful little things:Change of name, surname $6,400
Opening a bank account 280 $
Driver's license 600 $
International rights 400 $
Opening of a company 2 000 $
Opening of an offshore company n / a Credit card (inter.) 160 $
Medical insurance (inter.) 160 $
Car with driver 240 $
Car with driver-VIP 320 $
Transfer (airport) 80 $
Integration services: Buying a car for $400
Buying a car on credit 800 $
Car insurance 80 $
HOW TO GET DOMINICAN CITIZENSHIP
One of the useful things that the Dominican Republic has for a foreigner is that it offers various ways to obtain a second citizenship through Dominican naturalization and, at the same time, all the rights and obligations established in our Magna Carta for its possession.
The Dominican Republic is more than its beautiful and paradisiacal beaches and climate. The Dominican Republic has a stable stability in all aspects:
- We have a solid legal base.
Any person who is considering obtaining a second citizenship is usually interested and makes his decision based on the three main reasons proposed by the country:
- Legal and personal security
- Banking operations and investments.
There are many other reasons that vary depending on each person. This country has everything, it is a solid nation in its political, social, legal and tax bases.
"According to statistics, the Dominican Republic is one of the countries with the highest flow of foreigners and opportunities for them."
One of the most frequently asked questions is: How can I get a Dominican passport as a foreigner?
Answer: naturalization .
And how do I get naturalized?
Read on, here we will describe in detail how to do this and what routes it has. In this article, we are not going to make references to the articles of our constitution that refer to it, nor to the laws governing the subject, but we intend to explain it in a more practical way, so that if you are interested, you can immediately determine the procedure to be followed, the goals and various reasons for obtaining Dominican citizenship and / or naturalization.
You can become naturalized or obtain citizenship for the following reasons:
1. Usual: This applies to cases where you have already legally resided in the country for more than two years.
2. On investments . This means that you are the owner of a residence by investment, and you can apply for an application with a minimum of 6 (six) months from the date of obtaining a Residence for this category. In this article, we will look at how to get a residence permit for investment in the Dominican Republic
3. In the marriage of a man or woman with someone from the Dominican Republic: in this case, the Dominican spouse submits an application for citizenship of a foreign spouse, this can be requested provided that: Your marriage is at least six (6) months old; That he has at least six (6) months of temporary residence in the Dominican Republic.
4. Children of Dominicans: this happens because their parents are Dominicans.
5. For children of a naturalized minor and an adult, the difference between one and the other is that a minor does not need to submit documents for residence in the country and an adult, if he must submit a certificate to the General Directorate for Migration, which indicates that he has temporary residence for at least six (6) months.
The requirements are several and vary depending on each specific case, however, in fact, every person who wants to obtain citizenship must pass:
1. Obtaining a residence visa:
2. Obtaining a place of residence: according to your needs or the required category, and they can be:
In this process, we have only two exceptions:
A) Children of Dominicans.
B) Minor children are naturalized.
Advantages of nationalization or obtaining Dominican citizenship:
One of the things that can be profitable is to get a second place. nationality is that it allows institutions to enter and leave any other country without much inconvenience, since you, a Dominican, have no sense, since the country enjoys its own freedoms so that its citizens can enter and leave other countries, taking into account the requirements and basic processes for visa applications.
- You do not have to pay any residence taxes when you leave the Dominican Republic.
- You do not need to perform any migration process, for example, to extend your place of residence, and, above all, you do not need to make any payments.
- You can enjoy the vast majority of the civil and military rights of a Dominican citizen.
- You can keep your citizenship of origin if that country allows it.
- You do not have to pay for university tuition as a foreigner.
- He receives a birth certificate and, if age allows, a Dominican identity card with which he can perform all his daily and civil actions.
- You can have a Dominican passport.
- You can apply for any job legally.
- The entire procedure can be performed without leaving the Dominican Republic, with the benefit of costs, procedures and time.
Naturalized, cannot be selected as:
- President of the Republic
- Vice-President of the Republic.
- The Chairman of the Supreme Court.
This is due to the fact that in order to be eligible for these positions, you must be of Dominican descent.
Citizenship acquired in the process of naturalization, whenever it is granted by the State, is regulated by certain requirements of the law governing this issue, which implies a possible loss in the event of its violation. However, in this right of withdrawal, the State must simultaneously observe and comply with the Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness, so that the person does not remain stateless.
RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR INVESTMENT
The Dominican Republic has several options for obtaining a Dominican residence; a very important and often used is a residence permit for investment, since it immediately provides a permanent place of residence, including numerous advantages.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR A RESIDENCE THROUGH INVESTMENT?
The laws regulating this issue are: Law No. 171-07, Law No. 258-04 and the Decree on the implementation of 631-11, all of them relate to various immigration issues in the Dominican Republic. In the country, Law No. 171-07 is an introduction to the topic of special benefits for pensioners, investors and tenants from foreign sources, and you can read all the details in it.
On the other hand, the Law on Migration of the Dominican Republic No. 258-04 in article 33 defines and establishes who can be accepted as permanent residents for investment in the Dominican Republic:
Those foreigners who contribute their own assets to carry out activities of interest and economic growth for the country are considered.
Decree No. 631-11, which is a Provision on the application of the Migration Law, in articles 53 and subsequent, establishes everything related to foreign investment, and determines who or how it can be applied to them.
Article No. 55 of Decree No. 631-11 establishes that the minimum amount of investment that a foreigner must make to be considered in this category is the amount of two hundred thousand US dollars (200,000 US dollars ). Thus, those who can invest this value in the Dominican Republic are those who can apply to a Residence for investment.
HOW CAN I MAKE THIS INVESTMENT?
- At the expense of a contribution to the capital of a commercial company, in accordance with the provisions of Law No. 479-08 on companies.
- Within the framework of an investment project that is duly certified by CIR-RD and, if it is a free zone project, the certification will be issued by the National Council of Export Free Zones (CNZFE).
- Real estate investments Among other things, which can be considered according to each profile.
WHAT REQUIREMENTS APPLY?
In addition to the requirements already set out in the article, the remaining requirements:The residence visa (RS) with which you entered the country, issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MIREX) through the Dominican Consulate in the country of origin of the foreigner (if the visa is stamped manually, you must confirm it with MIREX certification. ) A copy of the entry through the Migration Post of the Dominican Republic. A passport with eighteen (18) minimum validity periods. In this case, the DGM (General Directorate for Migration) is flexible about the subject and in each case will take into account the reality of each country and the strictness of its rules when issuing passports. An incomplete birth certificate (which contains the full details of the applicant's parents), properly apostilled or legalized, depending on the circumstances . If a foreigner has acquired a nationality other than his or her nationality of origin and wishes to become a resident of this nationality, he or she must deposit a copy of the naturalization certified by the Naturalization Department that issued it, apostilled, legalized and translated into Spanish ( if in another language) by the Consulate of the Dominican Republic in the applicant's country of origin or by a court interpreter in the Dominican Republic. In the event of a name change, the foreigner must deposit a law or document authorizing the name change, apostilled and translated into Spanish (if it is in another language), by the Consulate of the Dominican Republic in the country of origin or by an interpreter. The judicial system in the Dominican Republic. A certificate of no criminal record issued by the competent authority of the country in which you have lived for the last five (5) years, duly legalized or apostilled, depending on the circumstances. And it is translated into Spanish (if in another language). This certification must be federal (certificates that indicate that for better information in this regard, they must be verified with fingerprints will not be obtained by DGM, since they do not contain complete information from abroad). In addition, if this country is different from your country of origin, you must confirm this certificate with an identity document of the country in which you claim to have lived for the last 5 years. Four (4) recent 2 x 2 photos from the front and four (4) from the right profile, without jewelry or accessories and with open ears; with a white background. The photos should show the same configuration of the facade and profile. If the name that the foreigner registered in the passport differs from the name in his birth certificate, he must deposit a document that legally guarantees the change, or a marriage certificate if he added the husband's last name, a divorce certificate if you do not want to appear with the husband's last name, an adoption certificate, among other things, which must be apostilled and translated into Spanish if it is in another language. Marriage certificate, declaration of loneliness or proof of cohabitation, if applicable, properly apostilled or legalized, depending on the circumstances. If the marriage took place abroad, you can attach a legible copy of the Marriage Certificate, properly apostilled. A guarantee policy concluded with an insurance company duly authorized by DGM (Commercial Insurance, Homeland Insurance and Insurance of the Dominican Republic).
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF OBTAINING THIS TYPE OR CATEGORY OF DOMINICAN RESIDENCE?
- The Migration Law has established that the first place of residence is temporary, but if you apply and get this type of investment residence, you are granted a permanent place of residence . The latter has an update every four years (4) years, except for the temporary one, which is annual (1).
- The process is more clearly expressed in the DGM, that is, its documentation (residence and Dominican ID) is obtained faster than in other categories.
- It has a special window for sending.
- You can choose Dominican citizenship a short time after obtaining a residence for investment.
- You can get% tax benefits from real estate transfers (when you first buy in the Dominican Republic) and other taxes.
DISADVANTAGES APPLICABLE TO THIS CATEGORY OF RESIDENCES?
We understand that a significant disadvantage is the demonstration and investment in the Dominican Republic, that is, that you will immediately need to use at least two hundred thousand dollars (US $ 200,000) . For the rest, we see not great inconveniences, but benefits.